I named this product Velvet Gold as that is exactly what it is: velvet goodness with gold sparkles. Beautiful oils and biodegradable gold and clear glitter, perfect for any occasion.
Here are the ingredients in more detail:
Velvet Gold – Ingredient information.
Organic Sweet Almond Oil, Prunus amygdalis dulcis – Origin: Spain
- Excellent for all skin types; easily absorbed to make skin smooth and supple.
- It is rich in squalene, glycosides and beta-sitosterol – all nutrients that soothe and nourish the skin and maintain moisture levels.
- High in Vitamin D and E and 70% Oleic acid which protects and rejuvenates the skin by encouraging skin cell growth and repair.
- It can also help destroy free radicals that can cause premature aging.
Hazelnut Oil, Corylus avellana – Origin: New Zealand.
- Suitable for sensitive, mature skin and baby skin. It is easily absorbed into skin leaving no oily or sticky residue.
- It encourages cell regeneration, tones and firms skin due to its high squalene content.
- It’s loaded with skin-nourishing vitamins, such as Vitamin E that help protect skin against sun damage, boost collagen production, and more.
- The hazelnut tannin content stimulates skin circulation while the astringent properties can assist with oily skin.
Grapeseed Oil, Vitis vinifera, Origin – New Zealand
- A by-product from the wine making industry and is therefore sustainable and economical.
- It is quite a dry oil and therefore easily absorbed and doesn’t leave an oily residue.
- High in linoleic acid (Omega 6) which is known to help reduce the size of skin pores and can penetrate the skin layers.
- It is also known to help tighten and tone the skin. It is rich in Vitamins C, D and E and thus assists in the reduction of wrinkles and the production of collagen.
Hemp Seed Oil, Cannabis siteva, Origin: New Zealand.
- Hemp seed is produced by cold – pressing the seed and the oil comprises 25% - 35% of the total seed weight.
- It is dry and easily absorbed by the skin leaving very little residue
- Skin can feel softer and more supple with the prolonged use of hemp seed oil, due to a mixture of Omega 9 fatty acids
- Oleic acid which is absorbed easily by the skin, has anti-inflammatory properties and is particulary occlusive; meaning it helps to hold in moisture for longer in the skin.
- A high content of Omega 6, Linolenic acid, which assists in creating a moisture barrier on the skin.
- Also contains GLA (Gamma – linoleic acid), this is a wonder fatty acid as it can assist with healing and scarring on the skin and it helps maintain the moisture levels. GLA’s are only found in a handful of oils.
Cococaprylate, Cococaprylate – Origin: Mixed in New Zealand
- This oil is derived from coconut. It is a brilliant, safe and natural alternative to silicone. It has good spreadability and leaves no residue on the skin.
Bio- glitter, derived from organic cellulose
- Bio glitter has a biodegradable base film that is certified as industrially compostable and Compost Home certified.
- It is marine and waste water biodegradable and is made from renewable raw materials. It truly is a safer, friendlier and just as pretty alternative to standard PET glitter.
Bergamot, cosmetic grade oil
- Bergapten free – so does not attract UV light common to other citrus based oils.
- Beautiful smoky scent.
Vitamin E – used as an antioxidant, D-alpha tocopherol natural, 1000IU, Origin: China.
- This Vitamin E is naturally derived from Soy bean.
- Prevents oxidisation
- Increases Vitamin E levels in the skin.
- Decrease the severity of UV induced skin aging.