Velvet dry body oil
Sunflower oil, Helianthus annus, - Origin: New Zealand
- This multi purpose oil is used as the base for most of the White Cloud products.
- It is nourishing, easily absorbed and is an excellent carrier oil to carry actives deep into the skin.
- It is a good “all rounder” as it has a high content (up to 70%) of linoleic acid (Omega 6 essential fatty acid), (an essential fatty acid that cannot be synthesised by the human body but needs to be added through diet or transepidermally) Linoleic acid as it maintains the skin barrier, protecting it from environmental damage.
- It is a dryer oil so gives a lightness to creams, and leaves no sticky residue.
Hazelnut Oil, Corylus avellana – Origin: New Zealand.
- Suitable for sensitive, mature skin and baby skin. It is easily absorbed into skin leaving no oily or sticky residue.
- It encourages cell regeneration, tones and firms skin due to its high squalene content.
- It’s loaded with skin-nourishing vitamins, such as Vitamin E that help protect skin against sun damage, boost collagen production, and more.
- The hazelnut tannin content stimulates skin circulation while the astringent properties can assist with oily skin.
Grapeseed Oil, Vitis vinifera, Origin – New Zealand
- A by-product from the wine making industry and is therefore sustainable and economical.
- It is quite a dry oil and therefore easily absorbed and doesn’t leave an oily residue.
- High in linoleic acid (Omega 6) which is known to help reduce the size of skin pores and can penetrate the skin layers.
- It is also known to help tighten and tone the skin. It is rich in Vitamins C, D and E and thus assists in the reduction of wrinkles and the production of collagen.
Hemp Seed Oil, Cannabis siteva, Origin: New Zealand.
- Hemp seed is produced by cold – pressing the seed and the oil comprises 25% - 35% of the total seed weight.
- It is dry and easily absorbed by the skin leaving very little residue
- Skin can feel softer and more supple with the prolonged use of hemp seed oil, due to a mixture of Omega 9 fatty acids
- Oleic acid which is absorbed easily by the skin, has anti-inflammatory properties and is particulary occlusive; meaning it helps to hold in moisture for longer in the skin.
- A high content of Omega 6, Linolenic acid, which assists in creating a moisture barrier on the skin.
- Also contains GLA (Gamma – linoleic acid), this is a wonder fatty acid as it can assist with healing and scarring on the skin and it helps maintain the moisture levels. GLA’s are only found in a handful of oils.
Fragonia essential oil, Agonis fragrans, Origin: Australia
- The oil is produced from the branches and leaves.
- May assists with joint and muscle pains.
- Balances emotions
- Antibacterial and antifungal: assists the body with fighting infection.
Vitamin E – used as an antioxidant, D-alpha tocopherol natural, 1000IU, Origin: China.
- This Vitamin E is naturally derived from Soy bean.
- Prevents oxidisation
- Increases Vitamin E levels in the skin.
- Decrease the severity of UV induced skin aging.