Nourish & Hydrate night cream: Ingredient Information
Water, Aqua – Origin: New Zealand from Pure Dew.
- Deionised water is cleansed via filtration, steam distillation, ozonation.
- Highest purity – PH neutral, sterilised, sodium and fluoride free.
- Recommended for use for medical and cosmetic purposes.
Lavender hydrosol, Lavender Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower Water, Origin: New Zealand
- Soothing and relaxing
- Softer on the skin than the essential oil
- An excellent solvent for other ingredients.
Vegetable Glycerine, USP Grade, Palm Free Glyceral, Organic
- Vegetable Glycerine is a sugar alcohol that is sourced from animal or plant oils or from petroleum.
- White Cloud uses a palm free vegetable glycerine that is derived from non-GMO certified organic oils including soy and corn.
- The glycerine is used as a humectant: so it attracts and retains moisture in the skin.
Xanthan Gum, Xanthan Gum, Origin: New Zealand
- Xanthan gum is a polysaccharide derived from the fermentation of glucose or corn syrup. It is used in a small amount for this cream to help thicken and stabilise the end product.
Emulsifier HE20, Organic, Cetearyl glucoside & sorbitan olivate, Origin: NZ
- This one pot emulsifier aids to mix the water and oil ingredients together to form one beautiful, glossy product.
- Developed from natural ingredients, is PEG-free and without preservatives or additives.
- It is a nonionic oil-in-water emulsifier, based on olive oil fatty acids which are known for their excellent compatibility with lipids present in skin.
- Suitable for sensitive skincare products. The ability to form liquid crystal systems allows the making of products which are particularly compatible with the lipid structures of the skin.
Borage oil, Borago officinalis, Origin: NZ
- Also known as Starflower. The oil is produces from the flowers seeds.
- A high percentage of gamma linolenic acid (GLA), the body needs this to create prostaglandins, a tissue repair lipid.
- Borage is a brilliant oil for sun damage, acne damage and to rejuvenate the skin. It is absorbed quickly and deeply into the skin.
Blackcurrant oil, Ribes nigrum, Origin: NZ
- High in anti-oxidants and prevents the signs of aging and sun damaged skin.
- Absorbed quickly without an oily residue
- Nourishing as itprovides a very balanced fatty acid profile, with an excellent ratio of omega 6 (Linoelic acid) to omega 3 (ALA). The oil also contains both gamma linolenic acid (GLA) and the rarely found stearidonic acid (SDA), thereby providing all four of these targeted essential fatty acids in the same oil.
Hazelnut Oil, Corylus avellana – Origin: New Zealand.
- Suitable for sensitive, mature skin and baby skin. It is easily absorbed into skin leaving no oily or sticky residue.
- It encourages cell regeneration, tones and firms skin due to its high squalane content.
- It’s loaded with skin-nourishing vitamins, such as Vitamin E that help protect skin against sun damage, boost collagen production, and more.
- The hazelnut tannin content stimulates skin circulation while the astringent properties can assist with oily skin.
Sunflower oil, Helianthus annus, - Origin: New Zealand
- This multi purpose oil is used as the base for most of the White Cloud products.
- It is nourishing, easily absorbed and is an excellent carrier oil to carry actives deep into the skin.
- It is a good “all rounder” as it has a high content (up to 70%) of linoleic acid (Omega 6 essential fatty acid), (an essential fatty acid that cannot be synthesised by the human body but needs to be added through diet or transepidermally) Linoleic acid as it maintains the skin barrier, protecting it from environmental damage.
- It is a dryer oil so gives a lightness to creams, and leaves no sticky residue.
Avocado butter, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil and Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Origin: New Zealand
- A lovely emoillient, improves moisturisation and softens rough, dry skin.
- It is antioxidant rich in Vitamins A, D and E.
- Avocado butter melts easily, and is absorbed quickly into the skin, without an oily residue.
Lavender essential oil, Lavandula angustifolia, Origin: New Zealand
- Lavender oil has been used for thousands of years and is still very popular and versatile.
- Known for its soothing and calming properties due to the scent.
- It is also a great skin healer and can rejuvenate the skin.
Kelp Extract, Durvillea potatorum, Origin: Australia
- Kelp Extract is produced from Kelp growing in the clean, unpolluted waters of King Island, Tasmania. Ethically sourced, it is only harvested from the shores after storms have torn it from the rocks and cast onto the beaches.
- These powerful phyto-compounds in supporting radiance and luminosity, premature ageing, anti-glycation, collagen and elastin support and blemished skin.
Vitamin E – used as an antioxidant, D-alpha tocopherol natural, 1000IU, Origin: China.
- This Vitamin E is naturally derived from Soy bean.
- Prevents oxidisation
- Increases Vitamin E levels in the skin.
- Decrease the severity of UV induced skin aging.