Lavender & Kawakawa hand & body cream: Ingredient Information
Water, Aqua – Origin: New Zealand from Pure Dew.
- Deionised water is cleansed via filtration, steam distillation, ozonation.
- Highest purity – PH neutral, sterilised, sodium and fluoride free.
- Recommended for use for medical and cosmetic purposes.
Cucumber hydrosol, Cucumis sativa (water), Origin: New Zealand
- Refreshing, soothing and toning.
- Softer than essential oil and used as a solvent for other ingredients
- Still retain some properties of Cucumber.
Lavender hydrosol, Lavender Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower Water, Origin: New Zealand
- Soothing and relaxing
- Softer on the skin than the essential oil
- An excellent solvent for other ingredients.
Kawakawa Extract, Macropiper excelsum, Origin: New Zealand
- Assists in the repair of dry and worn skin.
- Can alleviate the symptoms of eczema.
- One of the most important herbs in the Rongoa Maori (traditional Maori healing recipies).
Vegetable Glycerine, USP Grade, Palm Free Glyceral, Organic
- Vegetable Glycerine is a sugar alcohol that is sourced from animal or plant oils or from petroleum.
- White Cloud uses a palm free vegetable glycerine that is derived from non-GMO certified organic oils including soy and corn.
- The glycerine is used as a humectant: so it attracts and retains moisture in the skin.
Xanthan Gum, Xanthan Gum, Origin: New Zealand
- Xanthan gum is a polysaccharide derived from the fermentation of glucose or corn syrup. It is used in a small amount for this cream to help thicken and stabilise the end product.
Sunflower oil, Helianthus annus, - Origin: New Zealand
- This multi purpose oil is used as the base for most of the White Cloud products.
- It is nourishing, easily absorbed and is an excellent carrier oil to carry actives deep into the skin.
- It is a good “all rounder” as it has a high content (up to 70%) of linoleic acid (Omega 6 essential fatty acid), (an essential fatty acid that cannot be synthesised by the human body but needs to be added through diet or transepidermally) Linoleic acid as it maintains the skin barrier, protecting it from environmental damage.
- It is a dryer oil so gives a lightness to creams, and leaves no sticky residue.
Calendula infused oil, Calendula officinalis infused in Helianthus annus, - Origin: New Zealand.
- NZ grown calendula infused in NZ grown Sunflower oil.
- Soothing for dry, inflamed skin.
- Promotes collagen production.
- Suitable for all skin types and skin conditions.
Hazelnut Oil, Corylus avellana – Origin: New Zealand.
- Suitable for sensitive, mature skin and baby skin. It is easily absorbed into skin leaving no oily or sticky residue.
- It encourages cell regeneration, tones and firms skin due to its high squalene content.
- It’s loaded with skin-nourishing vitamins, such as Vitamin E that help protect skin against sun damage, boost collagen production, and more.
- The hazelnut tannin content stimulates skin circulation while the astringent properties can assist with oily skin.
Emulsifier HE20, Organic, Cetearyl glucoside & sorbitan olivate, Origin: NZ
- This one pot emulsifier aids to mix the water and oil ingredients together to form one beautiful, glossy product.
- Developed from natural ingredients, is PEG-free and without preservatives or additives.
- It is a nonionic oil-in-water emulsifier, based on olive oil fatty acids which are known for their excellent compatibility with lipids present in skin.
- Suitable for sensitive skincare products. The ability to form liquid crystal systems allows the making of products which are particularly compatible with the lipid structures of the skin.
Gotu Kola extract: Centella asiatica extract, Origin: Australia.
- An ancient Ayurvedic remedy.
- Thought to speed up collagen production.
- Anti inflammatory.
Lavender essential oil, Lavandula angustifolia, Origin: New Zealand
- Lavender oil has been used for thousands of years and is still very popular and versatile.
- Known for its soothing and calming properties due to the scent.
- It is also a great skin healer and can rejuvenate the skin.
Vitamin E – used as an antioxidant, D-alpha tocopherol natural, 1000IU, Origin: China.
- This Vitamin E is naturally derived from Soy bean.
- Prevents oxidisation
- Increases Vitamin E levels in the skin.
- Decrease the severity of UV induced skin aging.
Microcare DB, Benzyl alcohol, Dehydroacetic acid, Aqua, Origin: either Spain or China
- Any product containing water, or a water based ingredient, needs to have a broad range preservative to protect it from bacteria and mould.
- Microcare is Ecocert approved.