Sunflower oil, Helianthus annus, - Origin: New Zealand
- This multi purpose oil is used as the base for most of the White Cloud products.
- It is nourishing, easily absorbed and is an excellent carrier oil to carry actives deep into the skin.
- It is a good “all rounder” as it has a high content (up to 70%) of linoleic acid (Omega 6 essential fatty acid), (an essential fatty acid that cannot be synthesised by the human body but needs to be added through diet or transepidermally) Linoleic acid as it maintains the skin barrier, protecting it from environmental damage.
- It is a dryer oil so gives a lightness to creams, and leaves no sticky residue.
Olive oil, Olea Europa, Origin: NZ
- Contains high levels of Vitamin E and Vitamin A
- It is considered a “fatty” oil so is very good for dry skin.
- Olive oil is great for a rinse of mask/ cleanser as it is oily and enlarges the pores, allowing the clay and pumice to clean.
- The oil is considered an occlusive as it helps keep moisture in the skin.
Emulsifier HE20, Organic, Cetearyl glucoside & sorbitan olivate, Origin: NZ
- This one pot emulsifier aids to mix the water and oil ingredients together to form one beautiful, glossy product.
- Developed from natural ingredients, is PEG-free and without preservatives or additives.
- It is a nonionic oil-in-water emulsifier, based on olive oil fatty acids which are known for their excellent compatibility with lipids present in skin.
- Suitable for sensitive skincare products. The ability to form liquid crystal systems allows the making of products which are particularly compatible with the lipid structures of the skin.
Candelilla Wax, Euphorbia antisyphilitica, Origin: Mexico
- A vegan alternative to beeswax, it is used in the cleansing balm to stabilise and give thickness to the product.
- It is a humectant and retains water and protects the skin.
- It is sustainably sourced from Mexico.
Pumice powder – fine, Origin: New Zealand.
- A very gentle exfoliator that can be used for a daily cleanse
Glacial clay, Bentonite, Origin: New Zealand.
- Bentonite Clay is composed of aged volcanic ash. It is unique in that it has the ability to produce an “electrical charge” when hydrated. When mixed with water, its electrical components change, allowing it to absorb toxins.
- It is often used to detoxify toxins, heavy metals, chemicals and other impurities from the skin and body.
Lemon essential oil, Citrus limonum, Origin: New Zealand
- Tones the skin and boosts circulation.
- Naturally cleansing and great for oil prone skin.
- Uplifting aroma
Vitamin E – used as an antioxidant, D-alpha tocopherol natural, 1000IU, Origin: China.
- This Vitamin E is naturally derived from Soy bean.
- Prevents oxidisation
- Increases Vitamin E levels in the skin.
- Decrease the severity of UV induced skin aging.