Colloidal Oat bath
Oat baths - Relief for itchy skin
Colloidal oat Aveena sativa, Origin: New Zealand.
- Colloidal oats are very finely ground oats. By grinding the whole seed, it means that all the prebiotic goodness of the oats is retained, including proteins, lipids and enzymes.
- The smaller size of oat particles trap water and make it easier for the skin to absorb.
- A known relief for eczema and psoriasis.
- Will make the bath more milky.
Calamine powder (Zinc oxide, Ferric oxide), Origin: USA
- Ok, it is from the US, but this old age ingredient has been known for helping skin recover from itchiness caused by bites, rashes, sunburn and more.
- Adds a milkiness to a bath.
Olive oil, Olea Europa, Origin: NZ
- Contains high levels of Vitamin E and Vitamin A
- It is considered a “fatty” oil so is very good for dry skin.
- High levels of Squalane.
- The oil is considered an occlusive as it helps keep moisture in the skin.
Dried Calendula flowers (Calendula officinalis), Origin: New Zealand.
- This beautiful New Zealand grown flower helps soothe the skin and assists with healing of small cuts and bruises.
- They add a beautiful colour too.
Dried Kawakawa (Macropiper exelsum), Origin: New Zealand.
- Assists in the repair of dry and worn skin.
- Can alleviate the symptoms of eczema.
- One of the most important herbs in the Rongoa Maori (traditional Maori healing recipies).
Lavender essential oil, Lavandula angustifolia, Origin: New Zealand.
- Lavender oil has been used for thousands of years and is still very popular and versatile.
- Known for its soothing and calming properties due to the scent.
- It is also a great skin healer and can rejuvenate the skin.
Vitamin E – used as an antioxidant, D-alpha tocopherol natural, 1000IU, Origin: China.
- This Vitamin E is naturally derived from Soy bean.
- Prevents oxidisation
- Increases Vitamin E levels in the skin.
- Decrease the severity of UV induced skin aging.
Leave a comment