Cocoa & Avocado whipped body butter: Ingredient Information
Avocado butter, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil and Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Origin: New Zealand
- A lovely emoillient, improves moisturisation and softens rough, dry skin.
- It is antioxidant rich in Vitamins A, D and E.
- Avocado butter melts easily, and is absorbed quickly into the skin, without an oily residue.
Organic, bio-grow Unrefined Shea butter, Butyrospermum parkii, Origin: West Africa
- Rich in fatty acids and is amazing at treating dry skin complaints such as eczema and psoriasis. This is due to the high fatty acid contents and phytosterols that stimulate cell growth.
- The high Vitamin A content conditions and soothes the skin.
- It is unrefined so has kept its natural colour and subtle aroma.
Organic and Fair trade Cocoa butter, Theobroma cacao, Origin: Peru
- The butter is the solid fat produced from the chocolate fruit and bean. It is a very effective emollient and provides a barrier on the skin to prevent moisture loss and therefore keeps the skin hydrated.
- Rich in Oleic and Stearic acid, the butter aids skin elasticity and tone by supporting collagen production and this in turn can help to fade stretch marks and scars.
- It is used to help thicken the overall product, giving it a rich and creamy feel.
- Undeodarised as I wanted to keep the rich chocolate- vanilla scent.
Organic Sweet Almond oil, Prunus amygdalis, Origin: Spain
- Excellent for all skin types; easily absorbed to make skin smooth and supple.
- It is rich in squalene, glycosides and beta-sitosterol – all nutrients that soothe and nourish the skin and maintain moisture levels.
- High in Vitamin D and E and 70% Oleic acid which protects and rejuvenates the skin by encouraging skin cell growth and repair.
- It can also help destroy free radicals that can cause premature aging.
Hemp Seed Oil, Cannabis siteva, Origin: New Zealand.
- Hemp seed is produced by cold – pressing the seed and the oil comprises 25% - 35% of the total seed weight.
- It is dry and easily absorbed by the skin leaving very little residue
- Skin can feel softer and more supple with the prolonged use of hemp seed oil, due to a mixture of Omega 9 fatty acids
- Oleic acid which is absorbed easily by the skin, has anti-inflammatory properties and is particulary occlusive; meaning it helps to hold in moisture for longer in the skin.
- A high content of Omega 6, Linolenic acid, which assists in creating a moisture barrier on the skin.
- Also contains GLA (Gamma – linoleic acid), this is a wonder fatty acid as it can assist with healing and scarring on the skin and it helps maintain the moisture levels. GLA’s are only found in a handful of oils.
Lavender essential oil, Lavandula angustifolia, Origin: New Zealand
- Lavender oil has been used for thousands of years and is still very popular and versatile.
- Known for its soothing and calming properties due to the scent.
- It is also a great skin healer and can rejuvenate the skin.
Vitamin E – used as an antioxidant, D-alpha tocopherol natural, 1000IU, Origin: China.
- This Vitamin E is naturally derived from Soy bean.
- Prevents oxidisation
- Increases Vitamin E levels in the skin.
- Decrease the severity of UV induced skin aging.